Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sorry!..........I'm off to Aurukun.

SORRY........I'm off to Aurukun next Monday, with Keith of Bransfords Tackle Shop and Mike from Radio 4CA & Zinc.

Why am I telling you that you may ask?

Well, it just goes to show how the thought of fishing in an absolute wilderness paradise, with great mates, and hopefully catching a heap of quality barra, can cloud your thinking (and appreciation).

Keith and I fished the Daintree on Sunday....and in its own right this is a beautiful waterway and certainly a magic place. We even had a real blast landing

Grunter....a rare lure catch!

  • 2 archer fish
  • 3 trevally
  • 5 mangrove jacks &
  • 16 barra (yep, that's right)
  • and even a grunter on a lure!
The first "pair"

Typical Juvenile barra!

 

Keith even landed a legal sized barra at just on 64cm....he rolled an even bigger one late in the day.
But somehow, for some strange reason I just can't focus on writing about it. My thoughts are constantly being hijacked by the desire to fishing the Archer, the fresh water snags, the mangrove lined flats, the river mouth and rocky headlands....hell, we only have two and a bit days!

Now thats a nice barra!

Watch this space, I'm sure I'll have a lot more to tell come next week.
I ceratinly hope so.
I have a brand new Green Arrow rod to test on the brutes up there.

Catch you on the water, regards Les
www.fishingcairns.com.au

"A picture tells a thousand words so they say"
So here's the rest of the "story" in picture book format.....sorry!




 
 
 
 




1 comment: